After a week of “vacation eating” last month (“why yes I would like dessert after every dinner thank you!”) I am now back to my more reasonable diet, including lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Try this easy, slightly sweet slaw, and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Honey Mustard Kale and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed kale and red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks, thin sliced
- 1 small red pepper, thin sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, celery, peppers, parsley, and red onion with sunflower and pumpkin, seeds.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Anne McCranie is a Portland (Sellwood), based Personal Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist. She offers this recipe to compliment your healthy lifestyle. Please see your medical professional for specific dietary advice.