1) Chair Pose:
- Stand in Mountain pose with feet and knees together (or hip distance apart) toes facing forward.
- Bend your knees as you sit your hips low, as if you were to sit on a chair behind you.
- Look down to make sure you can still see your toes.
- Hold for one minute.
- Leg and back strength, standing balance.
2) Down Dog:
- Start from hands and knees, or plank.
- Press your hands flat and lift your hips towards the ceiling to come into and upside down “V”.
- Bend your elbows and knees slightly, maintain neutral spine, and relax your neck.
- Eventually your arms and legs will be straight.
- Shoulder, hip, hamstring, ankle and wrist flexibility and strength.
- Start lying on your back (supine) with legs in tabletop position.
- Pull your belly button to your spine, relax your neck.
- Round head and shoulders off the mat, with arms extended by your side.
- Pulse arms up and down like you are banging on a drum, inhaling for 5, exhaling for 5.
- Core strength, breathing warm up.
4) Leg Circles:
- Lying supine, feet on the ground.
- Lift your left leg (start with knee bent, progress to straight leg).
- Inhale and exhale as you trace a small circle on the ceiling with your knee (or foot).
- Ten times each direction, then switch legs.
- Pelvic stabilization/ hip release.