1) Mountain Climbers:
- Start in a plank position.
- Bring right knee in towards your chest, then step back to plank. Switch sides, bringing left knee in to chest and back to plank.
- Move as fast as you can, comfortably and without pain for one minute. If your knees allow for this try jumping your legs in and out.
- Cardio interval, core strength, chest strength.
2) Side Plank:
- From hands and knees (or plank position), neutral spine.
- Lift your left arm to the ceiling and rotate your shoulders and hips to face the left.
- Hold here one minute, then switch sides.
- Shoulder, back and abdominal strength.
- From kneeling (pad your knees if needed). Gently lift the top of your head and stack your shoulders over your hips over your knees. Bring hands to support your low back (as if you were putting them in your back pockets).
- Reach your chest up to the ceiling as you extend up and back into a small back extension. Shoulders draw down your back, elbows gently draw together.
- Back extension, chest stretch.
- Lying on your back, legs together and extended towards the ceiling.
- Exhale as you circle legs around in a clockwise direction.
- Inhale, pause at 12 o’clock. Exhale and circle legs the other direction.
- Hip stabilization, core strength, hamstring stretch.
5) Roll Up:
- Lying on your back with knees bent, feet on the floor.
- Exhale as you curl your chin towards your chest and slowly roll up to seated.
- Inhale here, then exhale as you roll back down.
- Spinal flexion, core strength.