One of my ladies has a tradition of bringing me hazelnuts from a local farm (thanks Jan!). Included in her holiday hazelnut delivery last week were several hazelnut recipes, including the green bean salad below. I brought this tangy, citrusy salad to Thanksgiving dinner. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
Green Bean, Hazelnut, and Feta Salad
- 1 lb. trimmed, washed, and blanched green beans
- 1 cup chopped, roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 small sweet onion, fine dice
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz salad greens
- In a large bowl whisk together the juice, zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add onions and green beans to dressing and toss to coat.
- Add cheese and hazelnuts and toss again.
- Serve over fresh greens.
Anne McCranie is a Portland (Sellwood), Oregon based personal trainer and licensed massage therapist. She offers this recipe to tickle your taste buds. Please see your medical professional for specific dietary advice.