With Portland’s record breaking heat how are you staying cool? I’m avoiding turning on the stove. I was looking for a light salad for this month’s recipe and found these delicious tomatoes, and fresh basil at the Moreland Farmer’s Market. I mixed them with a little buffalo mozzarella, and a simple dressing of balsamic and olive oil. Try this and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- 3 medium tomatoes (or 12 bite sized tomatoes) sliced
- ½ lb fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your favorite serving dish, layer tomato slices, cheese slices, and basil.
- In a small jar combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake jar to combine dressing.
- Sprinkle dressing over tomato and cheese slices, and serve.