I know y’all are all getting your sweaters out, and making pumpkin spice everything, but please let me enjoy my last few weeks of summer! Its going to be in the 80’s, maybe even 90 this week, so I’m going to get one more paddle board day in on Sunday, and I will be wearing shorts til October!
I found some delicious corn, heirloom tomatoes, and local peaches at the market this week and put together this quick and easy summer salad. You basically chop all your ingredients, make a quick dressing of lemon juice and olive oil, and that’s it!
Try it and let me know what you think.
Corn, Peach and Tomato Salad
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Make dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the juice from 1/2 a lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust seasonings if needed (I really like lemon, so start with half, then add more if you like).
2. Add corn, tomatoes, peaches, feta and basil to the dressing. Toss to combine.
3. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Anne McCranie is a Portland, Oregon based Personal Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist. She offers this recipe to tickle your taste buds. Please see your medical professional for specific dietary advice.