Like other cruciferous vegetables, cauliflower is an excellent source of phytonutrients and enzymes as well as vitamins C, K, B5, B6, folate fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. All great reasons to add this hearty veggie to your diet. Try this curried baked version and let me know what you think in the comments below.
African Curried Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, curry powder, caraway seeds, red pepper and salt.
- Spread cauliflower mixture out in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast cauliflower until cooked through and the edges are a little charred – about 20 to 30 minutes.
Anne McCranie is a Portland (Sellwood), Oregon based personal trainer and licensed massage therapist. She offers this recipe to tickle your taste buds. Please see your medical professional for specific dietary advice.