The February Five
Looking for some new moves? Strengthen and stretch your back, legs and core with these exercises. Try one minute of each of these every day this week.
- Stand in front of a chair.
- Slowly bend your knees and sit back to lightly touch your hips the the chair.
- Press into your heels to stand back up.
- Strengthens back, legs, hips and core.
- Start on your back with legs in tabletop (or feet on floor).
- Inhale as you reach arms back by your ears.
- Exhale as you circle arms down by your hips and roll up to seated.
- Core strength, shoulder stabilization, spine flexion.
- Sit up tall with legs extended in front of you (sit on a block if needed).
- Inhale and twist to the right, exhale and reach your left hand to the outside of your right foot.
- Come back to center, then switch sides.
- Spine flexion and rotation, shoulder stretch.
- Lie on your tummy with your hands by your shoulders.
- Lift your belly button and reach out through the top of your head.
- Inhale and roll your shoulders down and back as you lift head and chest up.
- Exhale as you slowly lower back down.
- Strengthens back extensors, chest stretch.
- Lie on your back and place your heels on the floor close to your hips.
- Exhale and slowly peel your pelvis up off the ground.
- Inhale at the top of your bridge. Exhale to slowly come back down.
- Back strength and flexibility.