Happy 2013 to you and your family!
What are your health and fitness goals for this year? Here are a few tips to get you where you want to be:
1. Look at the big picture. What is it you want to accomplish this year and how will you feel when you meet your goals? When you start to veer off track keep your big picture in mind.
2. Set specific, realistic goals. “I’m never eating dessert again” feels a lot different than saying “I am going to limit my sweets to a small portion of my favorite dessert once a week”.
3. Speak in the present tense. I am healthy, I feel energized, I surround myself with positive, loving people. By saying “One day I will be this way…” you are keeping your goal at arms length. Visualize yourself as this new and improved person.
4. Reward yourself. Make it to all of your workouts this week? Get yourself a pedi, or meet a friend for a movie.
5. Focus on what you can control. While you may not be able to magically move the number on the scale or instantly lower your stress level, you can control the foods you eat, the people your surround yourself with, your activity level, and your self talk.
Need help setting your 2013 goals? Contact Anne today for a little push in the right direction.
Anne McCranie is a Portland, Oregon based personal trainer and massage therapist. She can be reached at (503) 705-4762 or [email protected]