The June five are up! Here Anne and her lovely fitness models demonstrate the moves. For a full description please click here.
These photos are meant to jog your memory. If you are new to this type of movement or recovering from an injury please use caution (especially with the roll over). Questions? Contact Anne to schedule a one on one session or pop in to one of her weekly classes by clicking the “schedule an appointment” or “view class schedule” buttons on the right ->
1) Goddess Pose (Wide Leg Squat):
2) Reverse Warrior:
3) Calf Raise:
4) Roll Over:
5) Desert Cactus:
The February Five
Looking for some new moves? Strengthen and stretch your back, legs and core with these exercises. Try one minute of each of these every day this week.
- Stand in front of a chair.
- Slowly bend your knees and sit back to lightly touch your hips the the chair.
- Press into your heels to stand back up.
- Strengthens back, legs, hips and core.
- Start on your back with legs in tabletop (or feet on floor).
- Inhale as you reach arms back by your ears.
- Exhale as you circle arms down by your hips and roll up to seated.
- Core strength, shoulder stabilization, spine flexion.
- Sit up tall with legs extended in front of you (sit on a block if needed).
- Inhale and twist to the right, exhale and reach your left hand to the outside of your right foot.
- Come back to center, then switch sides.
- Spine flexion and rotation, shoulder stretch.
- Lie on your tummy with your hands by your shoulders.
- Lift your belly button and reach out through the top of your head.
- Inhale and roll your shoulders down and back as you lift head and chest up.
- Exhale as you slowly lower back down.
- Strengthens back extensors, chest stretch.
- Lie on your back and place your heels on the floor close to your hips.
- Exhale and slowly peel your pelvis up off the ground.
- Inhale at the top of your bridge. Exhale to slowly come back down.
- Back strength and flexibility.
The July Five are up! For detailed descriptions of these moves click here, or better yet come see me for a private session this week. I have a few times available Sunday July 20th, Friday the 25th and Tuesday the 29th. Interested in a class? Click here for Fluid’s full class schedule. Message me and I will hold a spot for you.
1) Criss Cross
2) Medicine Ball Push Up
3) Big Twist
4) Warrior III
Anne McCranie is a Personal Trainer, Pilates and Yoga instructor and Licensed Massage Therapist. She offers one on one training and group classes by appointment in her Sellwood studio. This post is meant to jog your memory about the exercises we have done as a team. Please see your health care professional prior to beginning a new exercise program.
Man I love to hear success stories! This week one of my clients told me how her regular Pilates and yoga practice has helped reduce her low back pain. She has suffered from chronic back pain that was always hovering around a 3-4 out of 10. For the past two years she has been doing Pilates and Yoga with me twice a week plus walking and stretching on her own. Her back pain in now almost nonexistent.
For a sample of Anne’s back stabilization exercise series click on this video (Please see your health care professional for specific medical advice).
Want to be pain free? Call Anne today to see how her customized movement + massage programs can help you!
Anne McCranie is a Sellwood (Portland, Oregon) based massage therapist/ personal trainer. In her classes she incorporates Pilates and yoga exercises, strength work and myofascial release to keep her clients pain free.
This exercise has caused the most moaning and groaning from my clients so far this month. Here Rick demonstrates one of the October Five – Plank rows.
Start in a plank with feet as wide as the mat (knees down if needed). Now lift one hand. Keep your plank position, nothing else moves.
This exercise works upper body, core, back, legs – everything! If you do not have access to dumbbells start in a plank and just lift one hand.