Are you suffering from anxiety, stress, or sleep issues? during stressful times when things feel out of control I like to focus on what is under my control. I can control my breath and my thoughts (well, most of the time)
This Saturday, in lieu of our weekly interview we are going to sit together. Please join us for five or ten minutes, or stay for the whole class.
We will go through simple breathwork exercises, guided meditation, and gentle movement. you will feel calm, centered, and relaxed heading into your weekend.
- Meditation workshop
- Saturday June 20th
- 12 pm
- No experience or equipment necessary
Click this link to join us.
Meeting ID 856 2194 7304
Meeting Password 875675
Anne McCranie is a Portland, Oregon based Personal Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist. She offers weekly Pilates, yoga, Barre, Energy Flow and R.O.S.S. classes, and one on one strength, balance, and flexibility sessions.
I am thankful for you!. I am surrounded by a diverse group of supportive, fascinating people and I appreciate each and every one of you!
Thanksgiving is coming up and I have been thinking about all the things and people I am thankful for. Did you know that cultivating gratitude can improve your health? Research shows that grateful people are better able to cope with stress, have improved immune function, sleep better, and exercise more regularly than those with a less optimistic outlook.
You have probably heard me talk about my Grannie Mattie. She was always positive. Always! Once I asked her if she ever got depressed and she said “sometimes I think about Grandpa (who is deceased) and I get sad, but then I just think of something funny one of your kids said when you were little and then I laugh and laugh!”
Want to train your brain to be more optimistic? Here are three things you can start doing today:
- Keep a gratitude journal. Once a day, preferably first thing in the morning, write down one thing you are grateful for. And yes there’s an app for that.
- Think of the good times. Stuck in traffic? Stressful exchange with a co-worker? Think back to a happy moment from your past (just like Mattie did).
- Say thank you. Thank someone who did something nice for you either in person, via email, or sit down with pen and paper and write a thank you note.
This month I challenge you to share your gratitude. What are you thankful for? Leave a gratitude post on Fluid’s facebook page and you could win a massage gift certificate. Winner will be announced on the December newsletter.
What newsletter you say? Sign up for Fluid’s monthly newsletter by adding your email address in the box up there on the right ->
Anne McCranie is a Portland (Sellwood), Oregon based Personal Trainer and Licensed Massage Therapist. She offers integrative movement + massage sessions to help you care for your body and mind.
Had a long week? Join Anne for an afternoon of mindfulness.
We start with gentle seated yoga to warm up our bodies and calm our minds, then explore your five senses with a mindfulness exercise, and finish with a guided meditation.
- Who: You! And your Fluid family
- What: 90 minutes total, the class includes gentle movement and sitting quietly with short rest breaks
- When: Saturday May 3rd at 2 pm
- Where: Fluid World headquarters 1626 S.E. Sherrett Street, Portland, Or 97202
- Why: reduce stress, improve your mood, increase your awareness and strengthen your relationships
New to yoga or meditation? This is the perfect introduction. If you are not able to sit on the floor (like Anne in the above photo) please bring a pillow, blanket or towel. Anne will also have props to make you comfortable.
Click here and here for more info about the benefits of meditation.
Questions? Call Anne (503) 705-4762. R.S.V.P. to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 2nd to reserve your spot.
Anne McCranie is a Portland Oregon based Licensed Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer. She offers one on one training, weekly classes and monthly workshops. A list maker and go getter she is working on getting comfortable with stillness, silence and moving s-l-o-w-l-y and invites you to join her on this journey.
Father’s Day is June 17th! You have less than one week to take advantage of Fluid’s Father’s Day massage special.
Skip the mall and treat Dad to some TLC with Fluid’s signature “Man Massage” treatment.
- Warm towel facial treatment
- Stress buster head, neck and scalp massage
- Muscle relief aromatherapy treatment
Purchase a sixty minute massage for Dad and he can add on this relaxing treatment for free!
Offer good until June 17th 2012, Dad has one year to use his gift certificate.